Member of KolaNet Project
Apatity received city status on the 7th of July 1966.
Population - 73300 inhabitans.
Active in production - 33600 inhabitans.
Active in small enterprises - 2000 inhabitans.
Number of unemployed 3000 inhabitans.
Number of small enterprises - 850.
Number of joint-ventures - 9.
- The spheres of employment
- Most important companies in the town
- Social infrastructure
- Kola Branch of Petrozavodsk State University
- Branch of Murmansk Upper Institute of Pedagogic
- 1 medical college
- 2 professional-technical schools
- 11 secondary schools
- Music-school, artistic school
- School of Arts, House of children and youthful arts
- 11 Libraries
- 4 Museums
- Culture palace & exhibition centre
- Hotel with 520 beds
- 2 sporthalls with courts, swimming, stadiums, saunas and gims
- Rest - homes outside town
- Financial - credit institutions
- 3 banks
- 2 insurance companies and some branches
- The town of Apatity lies on the Saint-Petersburg-Murmansk railway line (1262 km from
Saint-Petersburg) and lies 27 km from the motorway between the same points. The distance
to Murmansk is 187 km. New airport "Khibiny" is opened since November'93.
- Priority directions in the Apatity town development
- Program of energy-efficient economy
- Development of chromite deposit
- Participation at the construction of the Kola Atomic Power Station - 2
- Program of development of educational system including higher education
- Tourism Program
- Pictures from Apatity
1, Lenin sq.
Fax : (81555) 3 15 14 , 3 27 59
Phone : (81555) 3 06 95 , 3 06 01
Telex : 126702 Soviet
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org